KeePass 2.01 Alpha available!
KeePass 2.01 Alpha has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.01 Alpha.
Please note that it's an Alpha version only intended for testing!
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.06 and 2.01 Alpha, see:
Changes from 2.00 Alpha to 2.01 Alpha:
- Improved auto-type engine (releases and restores modifier
keys, improved focusing, etc.).
- Implemented update-checking functionality.
- Added KPScript plugin (see source code package) for scripting
(details about it can be found in the online help center).
- Added Whisper 32 1.16 import support.
- Added Steganos Password Manager 2007 import support.
- Search results now show the full path of the container group.
- Entry windows (main password list, auto-type entry selection
dialog, etc.) now show item tooltips when hovering over them.
- Added window box drop-down hint in the auto-type item dialog.
- Database maintenance history days setting is now remembered.
- Improved main window update after importing a file.
- Improved command line handling.
- If opening/starting external files fails, helpful messages
are displayed now.
- Completely new exception handling mechanism in the Kdb4File
class (allows to show more detailed messages).
- New message service class (KeePassLib.Utility.MessageService).
- Added option to disable remembering the password hiding
setting in the 'Edit Entry' window.
- Added menu shortcuts for opening the current entry URL
(Ctrl+U) and performing current entry auto-type (Ctrl+V).
Improvements / Changes:
- Changed file extension to KDBX.
- Password generation profiles are now saved when the dialog is
closed with 'Close'/'Cancel'.
- Entry URL overrides now precede the global URL override.
- Standard password generation profiles are now included in the
- Restructured plugin architecture, it's much clearer now
(abstract base class, assembly-internal manager class, ...).
- Only non-empty strings are now displayed in the entry view.
- Current working directory is set to the KeePass application
directory before executing external files/URLs.
- Changed fields shown in the auto-type entry selection dialog:
title, user name and URL are displayed instead of title, user
name and password.
- Clearified clipboard commands in context menus.
- Help buttons now open the correct topics in the CHM.
- Fixed name in the installer script.
- Workspace is not locked any more if a window is open (this
prevents data loss).
- The 'Find' toolbar button works now.
- The OK button in the Import dialog is now enabled when you
manually enter a path into the file text box.
- Fixed entry list focus bug.
- Fixed menu focus bug.
- The 'Copy Custom String' menu item doesn't disappear any more.
- Fixed enabled/disabled state of auto-type menu command.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).