KeePass 1.09 available!
KeePass 1.09 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 1.09.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous version to 1.09. KeePass 1.09 is 100% backward
compatible with previous versions.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
If you got problems after upgrading to 1.09, please read
KeePass Knowledge Base:
Upgrading to 1.09.
Changes from 1.08 to 1.09:
- Added option to permute passwords generated using a pattern
(this allows generating passwords that follow complex rules).
- Added ability to specify custom character sets in password
- Implemented new URL opening method (as workaround for buggy
Firefox file handler registration on some systems).
- Documents can now be opened using cmd:// URLs (shell execute).
- Added support for
CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE clipboard format
(clipboard viewers/extenders compliant with this format
ignore data copied by KeePass).
- Improved window position/size/state handling (added support
for Win+M / 'Show Desktop' command, window managers, ...).
- Improved window positioning (PX=0/PY=0 works now).
- Added -readonly command line switch; if present, the database
will be opened in read-only mode.
- Added ability to specify the characters a TAN can consist of.
- KeePass now stores the user and machine name in .lock files,
so it can show who's currently editing the file when trying
to open a locked file.
- Added support for subitem infotips in various list controls
(languages list, export options, plugins, ...).
- Added support for toggling items in option lists by pressing
the Spacebar key.
- Installer can now associate .kdb files with KeePass.
- The password generator now remembers the last used settings
(even if they are not saved manually as a profile).
- Network administrators: cascading configuration model now
uses a separate enforced configuration file.
- Improved configuration saving/loading (improved behavior
under Windows Vista when using the installer, improved out of
the box support for installation by admin / usage by user,
better limited user account handling, ...).
- Added pattern placeholder 'S' to generate printable 7-bit
- Added pattern placeholder 'b' to generate brackets.
- Added quick key file accessibility test in the password
dialog (shows helpful system message on error).
- Temporary files are now named randomly.
- The password generator dialog is now shown in the Windows
taskbar if the main window is minimized to tray.
- KeePass now offers to open the help file when importing a CSV
- The 'About' dialog is now automatically closed when clicking
- Expired/used TAN entries are not shown in the expired entries
dialog any more.
- Expired entries are not shown any more in the auto-type entry
- Improved password generator profile management (UI).
- KeePass now shows a descriptive system error message if
executing a cmd:// URL fails.
- Improved text in password generator window to allow easier
- Changed password pattern placeholders to support ANSI.
- '-' is now treated as TAN character by default, not as
separator any more.
- The main window title now shows 'File - KeePass Password
Safe' instead of 'KeePass Password Safe [File]'; improved
tooltip text for tray icon.
- Unhiding the master password now requires unsafe operations
- After searching, the first entry is automatically selected
(but the quick-search box still has the focus).
- The option to automatically open the last database is enabled
now by default.
- Database is now marked as modified when generating a password.
- Minimizing to tray is now enabled by default.
- Renamed some menu commands to be more consistent with Windows.
- Removed duplicate message box that appeared when checking for
updates and a new version is available.
- Removed deprecated API exports; new API must be used by
plugins from now on.
- Main window does not move any more when trying to go below
the minimum size.
- UI now mostly follows the Windows Vista UI text guidelines.
- Improved high ANSI characters support in command lines.
- Improved installer (added start menu link to the CHM help
file, publisher information, ...).
- KeePassLibC: Improved 64-bit compatibility.
- The expired entries dialog is not shown any more when the
database is unlocked because of a global auto-type operation.
- "Tray/Untray" menu item is now correctly disabled when a
dialog is open.
- 'New' and 'Open' menu commands are now also enabled when the
workspace is locked.
- Unified dialog elements.
- Decreased executable file size.
- Fixed various problems that occured when KeePass was
minimized to tray ('--exit-all' not working, problems at
Windows shutdown, IPC problems, ...).
- Fixed a bug in the tray icon third-party component that could
leave an unresponsive button in the Windows task bar.
- The tray icon does not freeze any more when the Windows
workspace is locked.
- Fixed various drawing bugs that occured when disabling the
'Display images on buttons' option.
- The button tooltips in the password generator dialog are
translated correctly now.
- The hot key to bring the KeePass window to front now also
works when the 'Disable all auto-type features' option is
- KeePass now selects the correct group when navigating to a
group after performing a search.
- Jumping to an entry from the expired entries dialog now also
works correctly when unlocking a database.
- The password list is now updated correctly after
drag&dropping entries into another group (view restoration).
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).