KeePass 2.04 Alpha available!
KeePass 2.04 Alpha has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.04 Alpha.
Please note that it's an Alpha version only intended for testing!
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.09 and 2.04 Alpha, see:
Changes from 2.03 Alpha to 2.04 Alpha:
key provider API
(it now is very easy to write a plugin
that provides additional key methods, like locking to USB
device ID, certificates, smart cards, ... see the developers
section in the online KeePass help center).
- Added option to show entries of sub-groups in the entry list
of a group (see 'View' -> 'Show Entries of Sub-Groups').
- Added XML valid characters filter (to prevent XML document
corruption by ASCII/DOS control characters).
- Added context menu command to print selected entries only.
- Added option to disallow repeating characters in generated
passwords (both character set-based and pattern-based).
/ dangerous password generator
options to a separate 'Advanced' tab page (if you enable a
security-reducing option, an exclamation mark (!) is
appended to the 'Advanced' tab text).
- Added 'Get more languages' button to the translations dialog.
- Added textual cue for the quick-search edit control.
- The TAN wizard now shows the name of the group into which the
TANs will be imported.
Improvements / Changes:
- Improved random number generator (it now additionally
collects system entropy manually and hashes it with random
numbers provided by the system's default CSP and a counter).
- For determining the default text in the 'Override default
sequence' edit box in the 'Edit Entry' window, KeePass now
recursively traverses up the group tree.
- Last entry list sorting mode (column, ascending / descending)
is now remembered and restored.
- First item in the auto-type entry selection window is now
focused (allowing to immediately navigate using the keyboard).
- Text in secure edit controls is now selected when the control
gets the focus the first time.
- For TAN entries, only a command 'Copy TAN' is now shown in
the context menu, others (that don't apply) are invisible.
- Regular expressions are validated before they are matched.
- KeePass now checks the auto-type string for invalid entry
field references before sending it.
- The clipboard auto-clear information message is now shown in
the status bar instead of the tray balloon tooltip.
- Matching entries are shown only once in the search results
list, even when multiple fields match the search text.
- First item of search results is selected automatically, if no
other item is already selected (selection restoration).
- Entries with empty titles do not match all windows any more.
- Improved high DPI support in entry window.
- When having enabled the option to automatically lock the
workspace after some time and saving a file fails, KeePass
will prompt again after the specified amount of time instead
of 1 second.
- KeePass now suggests the current file name as name for new
files (save as, save as copy).
- The password generator profile combo box can now show more
profiles in the list without scrolling.
- Improved native methods exception handling (Mono).
- Updated CHM documentation file.
- TAN wizard now assigns correct indices to TANs after new line
- Copying KeePass entries to the clipboard now works together
CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE clipboard format.
- KeePass now uses the correct client icons image list
immediately after adding a custom icon to the database.
- Fixed 'generic error in GDI+' when trying to import a 16x16
icon (thanks to 'stroebele' for the patch).
- File close button in the toolbar (multiple files) works now.
- Fixed minor problem in provider registration of cipher pool.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).