KeePass 1.16 available!
KeePass 1.16 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 1.16.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 1.x version to 1.16. KeePass 1.16 is 100% backward
compatible with previous versions.
This release features CNG/BCrypt support on Windows Vista and higher for
faster key transformations, a completely new update notification system
(which now also supports checking for plugin updates), and various
other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. New translations and
plugin builds are available, too.
Changes from 1.15 to 1.16:
- Added option to use Windows' CNG/BCrypt API for
transformations (about 50% faster than the KeePass built-in
key transformation code; by increasing the amount of rounds
by 50%, you'll get the same waiting time as in 1.15, but the
protection against dictionary and guessing attacks is raised
by a factor of 1.5; option enabled by default; only Windows
Vista and higher).
- Completely new update checking system that now also supports
checking for new plugin versions.
- Added warning when trying to open a KDBX file created by
KeePass 2.x (with hint about how to migrate from 2.x to 1.x).
- Added '
KeeAutoNewDbBasePath' and '
configuration options (to specify the default location where
the database file will be stored in
- Added advanced option to immediately delete
TAN entries after
- Added '
-minimize' command line option.
- Added '
-registerfileext' and '
line options to register/unregister the KDB file association.
- File association methods are now UAC aware.
- Added check for reserved group names (like 'Backup').
- On Windows Vista and higher, core database manager error /
warning messages are displayed using modern
- The number of days below which entries are treated as soon to
expire can now be configured (see help -> customize).
- Plugins: added new COM interface
IKpAPI2) for the main API
that allows querying whether the database is the one
initially specified on the command line.
- Key provider plugin API: new key query method that supports
- Image list handling improvements.
- When auto-locking after the specified number of seconds of
inactivity, KeePass minimizes to taskbar or to tray,
depending on the 'Minimize to tray instead of taskbar' option.
- Plugin versions are now displayed in a separate column in the
- When trying to open a second master key dialog or
entry selection dialog for a window, KeePass brings itself to
the foreground instead of showing a second dialog.
- Calculation of soon to expire entries is now more precise.
- Various improvements to status bar messages.
- Improved workspace locking toolbar button tooltips.
- Installer: various minor improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- Newlines of the notes field are now encoded correctly in
exports when Unix mode is enabled.
- New databases do not inherit file names of previous locked
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).