KeePass 1.17 available!
KeePass 1.17 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 1.17.
This is a stable release. It is highly recommended to upgrade from any
previous 1.x version to 1.17. KeePass 1.17 is 100% backward
compatible with previous versions.
This release features transacted database writing,
many integrative UI additions
and various other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. New translations and
plugin builds are available, too.
Note: if you like KeePass, don't forget to donate.
Changes from 1.16 to 1.17:
- Added option to use file transactions when writing databases
(enabled by default; writing to a temporary file and
replacing the actual file afterwards avoids data loss when
KeePass is prevented from saving the database completely).
- Added high DPI support.
- The Ctrl+E shortcut key now jumps to the quick search box.
- In the main entry list, backup entries are now rendered with
green text color.
- Menus are now rendered with gradient item backgrounds.
- Added support for detecting KeePass 2.08 and higher KDBX
which is replaced by the
executable path of Google Chrome, if installed.
- Added '
--auto-type' command line option.
- Added '
--lock-all' and '
--unlock-all' command line options to
lock/unlock the workspaces of all other KeePass instances.
- Added '
options to change
the locations of the configuration files.
- On Windows 7, KeePass now shows a 'locked' overlay icon on
the taskbar button when the database is locked.
- On Windows 7, when opening/saving a database, the taskbar
button is now animated using an indeterminate progress bar.
- Most broadcasted Windows messages do not wait for hanging
- Improved multi-byte characters support in entry details view.
- Improved toolbar updating after restoring from tray.
- Improved naming of options to clarify their meaning.
- Improved tray icon updating.
- Improved behavior on KDBX error.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).