KeePass 2.10 available!
KeePass 2.10 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.10.
This is a stable release. It is highly recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.10.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. The .NET assemblies are signed,
public keys for verifying are available.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.17 and 2.10, see:
Changes from 2.09 to 2.10:
- Translation system:
added support for right-to-left scripts.
placeholder to generate HMAC-based one-time
passwords as specified in RFC 4226 (the shared secret is the
UTF-8 representation of the value of the '
custom entry string field, and the counter is stored in
decimal form in the '
- On Windows 7, KeePass now shows a 'locked' overlay icon on
the taskbar button when the database is locked.
- On Windows 7, the database loading/saving progress is now
shown on the taskbar button.
- Added option to disable automatic searching for
- Added KDBX database repair functionality
(in File -> Import).
- Added support for expired root groups.
- Added global delay support for shifted special keys.
- Added 'Change Master Key' application policy flag.
- Added 'Edit Triggers' application policy flag.
- Added trigger action to activate a database (select tab).
- Added configuration options to allow enforcing states
(enabled, disabled, checked, unchecked) of key source
controls in the master key creation and prompt dialogs
(see 'Composite Master Key' documentation page).
- Added option to disable the 'Save' command (instead of
graying it out) if the database hasn't been modified.
- Added support for importing KeePassX 0.4.1 XML files.
- Added support for importing Handy Safe 5.12 TXT files.
- Added support for importing Handy Safe Pro 1.2 XML files.
- Added support for importing ZDNet's Password Pro 3.1.4 TXT
- Added dialog for selecting the encoding of text files to be
attached to an entry.
- Added option to search for passwords in quick finds (disabled
- Added Ctrl+S shortcut in the internal data editor.
- Internal data editor window can now be maximized.
- Document tabs can now be closed by middle-clicking on them.
- Most strings in the trigger system are now Spr-compiled (i.e.
placeholders, environment variables, etc. can be used).
- Added '
--lock-all' and '
command line options to
lock/unlock the workspaces of all other KeePass instances.
- Added '
pw-enc' command line option and
- Added preliminary auto-type support for Linux (right-click on
an entry and select 'Perform Auto-Type'; the '
package is required).
- Added option to enforce using the system font when running
under KDE and Gnome (option enabled by default).
- HTML exports are now XHTML 1.0 compliant.
- Printing: added option to sort entries.
- Printing: group names are now shown as headings.
-CreateBackup' option for the
command (to create backups of entries before modifying them).
- The PLGX plugin cache root
path can now be specified in the
configuration file (
- Plugin developers: added ability to write entropy providers
that can update the internal pool of the cryptographically
strong random number generator.
- Plugin developers: added some public
events and methods.
- Plugin developers: added entry template events.
- Plugin developers: added group and entry touching events.
- Plugin developers: added main window focus changing event.
- Plugin developers: added support for writing format providers
for the internal attachments viewer.
Improvements / Changes:
- Expired icons of groups are non-permanent now.
- Improved search performance and in-memory protection
SendKeys class now always uses the
SendInput method (not
- Improved auto-type delay handling.
- Two-channel auto-type obfuscation:
added support for default delays.
- The default auto-type delay is now 10 ms.
- Improved top-most window auto-type support.
- Improved high DPI support (text rendering, banners, ...).
- Temporary file transaction files are now deleted before
writing to them.
- Broadcasted file IPC notification messages do not wait
infinitely for hanging applications anymore.
- On Windows XP and higher, KeePass now uses alpha-transparent
icons in the main entry list.
- In the entry editing dialog, when moving a custom string to a
standard field, the string is now appended to the field
(instead of overwriting the previous contents of the field).
- Improved UTF-8 encoding (don't emit byte order marks).
- Improved field to standard field mapping function.
- HTML exports do not contain byte-order marks anymore.
- For improved clarity, some controls are now renamed/changed
dynamically when using the password generator without having
a database open.
- Improved auto-type definition conversion for KDB exports.
- Standard field placeholders are now correctly removed when
auto-typing, if the standard field doesn't exist.
- Improved icon picker cancel blocking when removing an icon.
- The default workspace locking time is now 300 seconds (but
the option is still disabled by default).
- Modern task dialogs are now displayed on 64-bit Windows
- Improved file corruption error messages.
- Improved entry attachments renaming method.
- Double-clicking an attachment in the entry editing dialog now
opens it in the internal viewer (the internal editor can only
be invoked in the main window).
- When attachments are edited using the internal editor, the
entry's last modification time is now updated.
- Improved plugin loading (detect PLGX cache files).
- If the application policy disallows clipboard operations,
KeePass doesn't unnecessarily decrypt sensitive data anymore.
- Added tooltip for the 'View' toolbar drop-down button.
- Improved menu accelerator and shortcut keys.
- Upgraded installer.
- Installer: various minor improvements.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- No exception is thrown anymore when lowering the clipboard
auto-clear time in the options below the value of a currently
running clearing countdown.
- The 'Show expired entries' functionality now also works when
there's exactly one matching entry.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).