KeePass 2.11 available!
KeePass 2.11 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.11.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.11.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. The .NET assemblies are signed,
public keys for verifying are available.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.17 and 2.11, see:
Changes from 2.10 to 2.11:
- Added entry tags (you can assign tags to entries in the entry
editing window or by using the 'Selected Entries' context
menu; to list all entries having a specific tag, choose the
tag either in the 'Edit' main menu or in the 'Show Entries'
toolbar drop-down button).
- Completely new entry list column engine; the columns are
dynamic now, custom entry strings can be shown in the list,
to configure go 'View' -> 'Configure Columns...'; the column
engine is also extensible now, i.e. plugins can provide new
- Added 'Size' entry list column (shows the approximate memory
required for the entry).
- Added 'History (Count)' entry list column (double-clicking a
cell of this column opens the entry editing window and
automatically switches to the 'History' tab).
- Added 'Expiry Time (Date Only)' entry list column.
- Added options to specify the number of days until the master
key of a database is recommended to and/or must be changed.
- Added support for exporting selected entries to KDB.
- Added '
key to specify the
default directory for 'Save As' database file dialogs.
- Double-clicking a history entry in the entry editing dialog
now opens/views the entry.
- It's now possible to tab from menus and toolbars to dialog
- Added option to turn off hiding in-memory protected
strings using asterisks in the entry view.
- Added workaround for FTP servers sending a 550 error after
opening and closing a file without downloading data.
- Added 'Unhide Passwords' application
- Password Depot importer: some icons are converted now.
updated detection code to also
support the latest versions of Chrome.
- The main window now uses the shell font by default.
- On Windows Vista and higher, Explorer-themed tree and list
views are now used in the main window.
- On Windows 7 and higher, the main window peek preview is now
disabled when the KeePass workspace is locked.
- Installer: added option to optimize the on-demand start-up
performance of KeePass.
- TrlUtil: added 3 dots string validation.
Improvements / Changes:
- Improved entry list item selection performance (defer UI
state update on selection change burst).
- Improved special key code conversion in KDB importer.
- Icon picker dialog now has a 'Close' button.
- When sorting is enabled, the entry list view now doesn't get
destroyed anymore when trying to move entries.
- Main window is now brought to the foreground when untraying.
- Removed grid lines option.
- Reduced size of MSI file.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- No file path is requested anymore when double-clicking an
import source that doesn't require a file.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).