KeePass 2.18 available!
KeePass 2.18 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.18.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.18.
KeePass 2.18 mainly features a new update checking mechanism (now also checking
for plugin updates, ...), user interface improvements,
and various other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. The .NET assemblies are signed,
public keys for verifying are available.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.21 and 2.18, see:
If you like KeePass, please don't forget to donate.
Changes from 2.17 to 2.18:
- The update check now also checks for plugin updates (if
plugin developers provide version information files).
- When starting KeePass 2.18 for the first time, it asks
whether to enable the automatic update check or not (if not
- When closing the entry editing dialog by closing the window
(using [X], Esc, ...) and there are unsaved changes, KeePass
now asks whether to save or discard the changes; only when
explicitly clicking the 'Cancel' button, KeePass doesn't
- When not hiding passwords using asterisks, they don't need to
be repeated anymore.
- Password repetition boxes now provide instant visual feedback
whether the password has been repeated correctly (if
incorrect, the background color is changed to light red).
- When clicking an '
***' button to change the visibility of the
entered password, KeePass now automatically transfers the
input focus into the password box.
- Visibility of columns in the auto-type
entry selection dialog can now be customized using the new 'Options' button.
- Added auto-type option 'An entry matches if the host
component of its URL is contained in the target window title'.
- Added shortcut keys: Ctrl+Shift+O for 'Open URL',
Ctrl+Shift+U for copying URLs to the clipboard, Ctrl+I for
'Add Entry', Ctrl+R for synchronizing with a file,
Ctrl+Shift+R for synchronizing with a URL.
- Ensuring same keyboard layouts during auto-type is now
optional (option enabled by default).
- Plain text KDB4 XML exports
now store the memory protection
flag of strings in an attribute '
- Added option to use database lock files (intended for storage
providers that don't lock files while writing to them, like
e.g. some FTP servers); the option is turned off by default
(and especially for local files and files on a network share
it's recommended to leave it turned off).
bit for disabling the controls to specify after
how many days the master key should/must be changed.
- Added support for in-memory
protecting strings that are longer than 65536 characters.
- Added workaround for '
Improvements / Changes:
- .NET 4.0 is now preferred, if installed.
- PLGX plugins are now preferably compiled using
the .NET 4.0 compiler, if KeePass is currently running under the 4.0 CLR.
- Automatic update checks are now performed at maximum once per
day (you can still check manually as often as you wish).
- Auto-Type: entry titles and URLs are now Spr-compiled before
being compared with the target window title.
- Decoupled the options 'Show expired entries' and 'Show
entries that will expire soon'.
- Specifying the data hiding setting (using asterisks) in the
column configuration dialog is now done using a checkbox.
- The entry view now preferably uses the hiding settings
(asterisks) of the entry list columns.
- Improved entry expiry date calculation.
- Enhanced Password Agent importer to support version 2.6.2.
- Enhanced SplashID importer to import last modification dates.
- Improved locating of system executables.
- Password generator profiles
are now sorted by name.
- Separated built-in and user-defined password generator
profiles (built-in profiles aren't stored in the
configuration file anymore).
- Improved naming of shortcut keys, and shortcut keys are now
displayed in tooltips.
- Internal window manager can now close windows opened in other
- Improved entry touching when closing the entry editing dialog
by closing the window (using [X], Esc, ...).
- Improved behavior when entering an invalid URL in the 'Open
- Improved workaround for Mono tab bar height bug.
- ShInstUtil: improved Native Image Generator version detection.
- Unified in-memory protection.
- In-memory protection performance improvements.
- Developers: in-memory protected objects are now immutable and
- Various UI text improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- The cached/temporary custom
icons image list is now updated
correctly after running the 'Delete unused custom icons'