KeePass 2.24 available!
KeePass 2.24 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.24.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.24.
KeePass 2.24 mainly features user interface and import enhancements,
and various other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. The .NET assemblies are signed,
public keys for verifying are available.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.26 and 2.24, see:
If you like KeePass, please don't forget to donate.
Changes from 2.23 to 2.24:
- The URL override
field in the entry editing dialog is now an
editable combo box, where the drop-down list contains
suggestions for browser overrides.
- Password quality estimations
are now computed in separate threads to improve the UI responsiveness.
- The password generator profile
passwords for new entries' is now available in the password
generator context menu of the entry editing dialog.
bit for hiding built-in profiles in the
password generator context menu of the entry editing dialog.
- Tags can be included in printouts now.
- Generic CSV importer:
added support for importing tags.
- Added support for importing
Norton Identity Safe 2013 CSV files.
- Mozilla Bookmarks JSON import: added support for importing
- RoboForm import: URLs are now terminated using a '
support for the new file format and for the new note fields.
- Added support for showing modern task dialogs
even when no form exists (requiring a theming activation context).
- KeePass now terminates
CtfMon child processes started by
.NET/Windows, if they are not terminated automatically.
- Added workarounds for '
- Added workaround for '
xsel' hanging on Unix-like systems.
- Converted some PNG images as a workaround for a problem in
Cairo/LibPNG on Unix-like systems.
- Installer: the version is now shown in the 'Version' field of
the item in the Windows 'Programs and Features' dialog.
- TrlUtil: added 'Go to Next Untranslated' command.
- TrlUtil: added shortcut keys.
Improvements / Changes:
- The 'Open From URL' dialog
is now brought to the foreground
when trying to perform global auto-type
while the database is locked and the main window is minimized to tray.
- Profiles are now shown directly in the password generator
context menu of the entry editing dialog.
- After duplicating entries, KeePass now ensures that the
copies are visible.
- User names of TAN entries are
now dereferenced, if the option
for showing dereferenced data in the main window is enabled.
- When creating an entry from a template, the new entry is now
selected and focused.
- Empty fields are not included in detailed printouts anymore.
- Enhanced Internet Explorer detection.
- The '
-preselect' command line option
now works together with relative database file paths.
- Improved quoted app paths parsing.
- Extended culture invariance.
- Improved synchronization performance.
- Improved internal keypress routing.
- Last access times by default are not shown in the UI anymore.
- TrlUtil: improved dialog focusing when showing message boxes.
- KeePassLib/KPScript: improved support for running on systems
without any GUI.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the option 'Show expired
entries (if any)' is enabled and a trigger
switches to a different locked
database when unlocking a database.
- The tab bar is now updated correctly after closing an
inactive database by middle-clicking its tab.
- Column display orders that are unstable with respect to
linear auto-adjusting assignment are now restored correctly.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).