KeePass 2.30 available!
KeePass 2.30 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.30.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.30.
KeePass 2.30 mainly features integration and user interface
enhancements, and various other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available, and program binaries are digitally signed (Authenticode).
New translations are available, too.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.29 and 2.30, see:
If you like KeePass, please don't forget to donate.
Changes from 2.29 to 2.30:
- When opening a database via an URL
fails, the error message dialog now has a button 'Specify different server
credentials' (on Windows Vista and higher).
- Added support for opening entry URLs
with Microsoft Edge via the context menu -> 'URL(s)' -> 'Open with Edge'.
- Added URL override
suggestion for Microsoft Edge in the URL
override suggestions drop-down list in the entry dialog.
- Added optional built-in global URL overrides for opening
HTTP/HTTPS URLs with Microsoft Edge.
- When clicking on a group link in the entry view, KeePass now
ensures that the group is visible in the group tree.
- The main window is now moved onto the primary screen when it
is restored outside all screens.
- KDBX loader: added support for non-empty protected binary
value reference elements.
- Plugins: added two auto-type sequence query events.
- Added workaround for Mono drawing bug when scrolling a rich
- When running under Mono, some automatic
locking options are
now disabled (because Mono doesn't implement the required
- The installer now prevents running the installer while it is
-GroupPath:' parameter (for specifying the full path of a group).
- KPScript: the '
MoveEntry' command now also supports the
-GroupName:' parameter (as alternative to '
- KPScript: added support for specifying the path of an XSL
stylesheet file using the command line parameter '
- KPScript: the '
ListGroups' command now also outputs the
parent group UUID for each group.
- KPScript: the parameters for specifying new field data (for
AddEntry' and the '
EditEntry' command) now support
escape sequences (e.g. '
\n' is replaced by a new-line
Improvements / Changes:
- The 'Synchronize' file dialog now shows
only KDBX files by default.
- In the 'Attachments (Count)' column, only non-zero counts are
- Improved MRU item refreshes.
- The entry string dialog now supports changing the case of a
- The entry string dialog now does not allow adding a string
whose name differs from another existing string name in this
entry only by case.
- The entry view in the main window is now updated immediately
after pressing Ctrl+H or Ctrl+J.
- The KDB import module now
tries to round any invalid date/time to the nearest valid date/time.
- XML serializers are now loaded/created at KeePass startup in
order to avoid a problem when shutting down Windows and
KeePass.XmlSerializers.dll not being present.
- Changed tab bar behavior in the options dialog to avoid a tab
content cropping issue caused by plugins.
- Improved workaround for Mono splitter bug.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).