KeePass 2.22 available!
KeePass 2.22 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.22.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.22.
KeePass 2.22 mainly features integration and data exchange enhancements,
user interface improvements,
and various other minor new features and improvements.
If you are using KeePass together with a port of KeePass and the port has
problems with opening database files saved by KeePass 2.22, please read the page
KeePass 1.24 and 2.20 Header
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. The .NET assemblies are signed,
public keys for verifying are available.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.25 and 2.22, see:
If you like KeePass, please don't forget to donate.
Changes from 2.21 to 2.22:
- When the option for remembering key sources is enabled,
KeePass now also remembers whether the user account is
- Added 'View' -> 'Grouping in Entry List' menu.
- Added 'Close active database' trigger action.
- Added '
-ioiscomplete' command line option,
which tells KeePass that the path and file system credentials are
complete (the 'Open URL' dialog will not be
- Added support for importing
SafeWallet XML files (3.0.4 and 3.0.5).
- Added support for importing TurboPasswords 5.0.1 CSV files.
- LastPass CSV importer: added support for group trees.
- Alle meine Passworte XML importer: added support for custom
fields and group names with special characters.
- Password Safe XML importer: added support for the e-mail
- Added 'Help' button in the generic
CSV importer dialog.
- Added workaround for .NET bug 642188; top visible list view
items are now remembered in details view with groups enabled.
- Added workaround for Mono form title bar text update bug
(which e.g. caused bug 801414).
Improvements / Changes:
- After closing a character picking
dialog, KeePass now explicitly activates the previous window.
- Improved behavior when cancelling the icon picker dialog.
- Main window activation redirection now works with all KeePass
- The window state of the current database is now remembered
before opening another database.
- Previous parameters are now discarded when switching between
different trigger event/condition/action types.
- Unified separators in group paths.
- The UI state is now updated after adding an entry and
clicking an entry reference link in the entry view.
- The '
-entry-url-open' command line option
now searches for matching entries in all open databases.
- Improved database context determination when opening an URL.
- Added support for special values in date/time fields imported
from KeePass 1.x.
- Improved HTML entity decoding (support for more entities and
CDATA sections, improved performance, ...).
- RoboForm HTML importer: URLs are converted to lower-case now
and support for a special order rotation of attributes has
- Removed Password Gorilla CSV importer; users should use the
generic CSV importer
(which can import more data than the old specialized CSV importer).
- Improved file discoveries.
- Improved test form entry auto-type window definition.
- In the MSI package, the version is now included in the product name.
- Native key transformation
library: replaced Boost threads by Windows API threads (because Boost threads can result in
crashes on restricted Windows 7 x64 systems).
- Various UI improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).