KeePass 2.31 available!
KeePass 2.31 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.31.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.31.
KeePass 2.31 mainly features integration and user interface
enhancements, and various other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available, and program binaries are digitally signed (Authenticode).
New translations are available, too.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.30 and 2.31, see:
If you like KeePass, please don't forget to donate.
Changes from 2.30 to 2.31:
- Added menu/toolbar styles,
freely selectable in 'Tools' ->
'Options' -> tab 'Interface'; available styles are 'Windows
10', 'Windows 8.1', 'KeePass - Gradient', '.NET/Office -
Professional' and 'System - Classic'; by default KeePass uses
the style most similar to the one of the current operating
- Refined application icons (thanks to Victor Andreyenkov).
new target window classification method, which
improves compatibility with target windows hosted within
other windows (e.g. a PuTTY window within SuperPuTTY/MTPuTTY).
- Auto-Type: added workaround for the default Ctrl+Alt behavior
of KiTTY variants (which differs from Windows' behavior).
- Before clearing the clipboard, KeePass now first copies a
non-sensitive text into it; this ensures that no sensitive
information remains in the clipboard even when clearing is
prevented by the environment (e.g. when running in a virtual
machine, when using a clipboard extension utility, ...).
- Added support for opening entry URLs
with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome in private mode via the context menu ->
'URL(s)' -> 'Open with ... (Private)'.
- Added URL override
suggestions for Internet Explorer and
Google Chrome in private mode in the URL override suggestions
drop-down list in the entry dialog.
- Added optional built-in global URL overrides for opening
HTTP/HTTPS URLs with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome in
- Added Ctrl+K shortcut for the 'Duplicate Entry' command.
- Mozilla Bookmarks HTML import:
added support for importing tags.
- Added support for exporting to Mozilla Bookmarks HTML files.
- Windows/IE favorites export: entry fields are
now, and entries with
URLs are now exported as LNK files.
- HTML export/printing: added support for UUIDs, added
horizontal lines between entries in details mode, added
background color for group headings, long field names are
hyphenated now, and long field data now breaks and wraps onto
the next line.
- Plugins: added possibility to configure
file transactions for each URI scheme.
- Plugins: added possibility to provide custom 'Save As'
dialogs more easily.
- Converted some PNG images as a workaround for a problem in
Cairo/LibPNG on Unix-like systems.
- As a workaround for a weakness in Mono's
showing such a dialog on Unix-like systems KeePass now tries
to load the file '
~/.recently-used' and deletes it, if it is
not a valid XML file.
added support for specifying the master password in
encrypted form using the '
command line parameter
(exactly like in KeePass, compatible with the
- KPScript: the '
command now supports the optional '
(to export a specific group instead of the whole database).
- KPScript: the '
command now supports the '
- KPScript: added '
-refx-Expires' and '
- KPScript: the '
command now prints more specific error messages.
- All KeePass program binaries are now dual signed using SHA-1
- Auto-Type: improved keyboard layout handling when the target
window changes during an auto-type process.
- Auto-Type: improved compatibility with Remote Desktop
Connection client and VirtualBox.
- Improved icon recoloring.
- Improved printing of dates/times and tags.
- The password generator
based on a character set now ensures
that the generated password is Spr-invariant.
- Password generator based on a
pattern or a custom algorithm:
when a Spr-variant password is generated, a confirmation
dialog for accepting this password is displayed.
- If the 'Save Database' policy prevents
saving, the auto-save option is now ignored.
- Improved .NET Framework version detection.
- PLGX debugging:
when the command line option '
passed and a PLGX plugin fails to compile, the output of all
tried compilers is saved to a temporary file.
- Improved file transaction creation time handling on Unix-like
- Improved compatibility with Mono on BSD systems.
PrepMonoDev.sh script for compatibility with Mono
- Removed KeePassLibSD sub-project (a KeePass library for
Pocket PC / Windows Mobile) from the main solution.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- When running under Mono (Linux, Mac OS X, ...), two options
related to window minimization are disabled now (because they
do not work properly due to a Mono bug).